Tuesday, May 12, 2015

10 Favorite Screen Characters Tag

I was nominated for the 10 Favorite Screen Characters Tag by Hamlette, so thank you!

This tag looked like so much fun, but seriously how in the world am I supposed to pick my 10 favorites? You have given me a difficult task. But I think I've just decided to list 10 OF my favorite characters cause there's so many and I'd hate for one to be offended because I left it out. I've also tried to just pick one from each movie or series, cause otherwise I'd list every character on Sherlock and I'm attempting to make this list as diverse and interesting as possible. So here's 10 characters, I could think of, that I thought are pretty cool.

 Clinton Barton (Earth-199999)

 Clint Barton/Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) from the Marvel Universe. He's smart, quiet, has mad archery skills, and a great sense of humor. Hawkeye is the type of person you can depend on and would want to be your best friend. He's that guy you know you could fight side by side with. And I'd love to take a few martial arts and archery lessons from him! I really love what they did with his character in Avengers: Age of Ultron.


 ONCE UPON A TIME - "The Crocodile" Preview Pictures

Killian Jones/Captain Hook (Colin O'Donoghue) in Once Upon A Time. I love a good redemptive story. And a pirate. And a guy with swagger. Seriously how could anyone not love Captain Hook from this show? The character development they have Hook go through is really a great piece of writing, probably my favorite of any character from any show. Heartbreak and revenge turned to love and loyalty, this guy has seen a lot. (and somehow still come out the other side with a great sense in fashion.)

I think this picture basically describes him. :D | Dr. Rodney McKay (David Hewlett) - Stargate: Atlantis

Dr. Rodney McKay (David Hewlitt) in Stargate Atlantis. What can I say? I like smart people. There's more than one genius on this list. McKay is that quirky annoying character you can't help but like. He gets the best science-y dialog in the show and more often than not makes me laugh. There is never a dull moment when Dr. McKay is around. (he also may or may not have something to do with my liking of astrophysics...)

Amy Pond

Amy Pond (Karen Gillan) in Doctor Who. I love how fearless, adventurous, and independent she is. She's not afraid to fly off in a spaceship and save the world. She is also loyal and would do anything to protect the ones she loves.

 Which "Sherlock" Character Are You?<----- How in the world did I get Mycroft?

Mycroft Holmes (Mark Gatiss) in Sherlock. I really debated which of the Sherlock characters to put down here, cause I obviously had to put down at least one. Sherlock himself is probably my favorite but I'm also a fan of his older brother Mycroft. Having read the books, Mycroft is just as brilliant if not more than Sherlock. Only he has slightly more common sense and prefers not to do the "leg work" as he calls it. I admire Mycroft's brilliance and his ability to solve problems and direct people with logic. Not to mention his interaction in the show with his family is actually quite funny. That awkward family of geniuses.

Richard Greene as Robin Hood in The Adventures of Robin Hood 

Robin Hood (Richard Greene) in The Adventures of Robin Hood. This black and white version still stands as my favorite portrayal of Robin Hood. (Though I am liking the guy on Once Upon A Time) To me this is what Robin Hood should be, fun and lighthearted. Most versions today portray only the dark and decaying side of the middle ages. I'm not saying that it wasn't, I just like seeing the fun legend of Robin Hood that we all grew up reading about. A bit more fairytale and a little less dark.

Spock (Zachary Quinto) from Star Trek. I feel so nerdy for finding him attractive. Lol

Spock (Zachary Quinto) in Star Trek. I love Spock's logical personality. Also how he tries to convince everyone that he is only Vulcan and does not have emotions. But he's only half Vulcan and I love when the human side comes out in him. Zachary Quinto also does an amazing job portraying him. Making Spock my instant favorite in the film. The first time I watched the rebooted Star Trek movie I was blown away. Despite the solar flare thing, I think they did a phenomenal job making this movie.

Michael Caine-Loved all of his Movies from Georgie Girl to this day. You can tell a great actor if they don't look like they are trying.  He's a natural. 

Alfred (Michael Caine) in The Dark Knight Trilogy. Otherwise known as Batman's butler.I just like this guy. And he makes some great inspirational speeches in those movies. I love how he is always there for Bruce no matter what stupid thing he does. This guy makes me wish I had a loyal butler. Maybe I should become a vigilante and hire him...

 Naomi Scott as Maddy Shannon in Terra Nova

Maddy Shannon (Naomi Scott) in Terra Nova. She is not your typical "teenage girl". She is really smart. She's sweet, brave, and the right amount of girly. And she's  not afraid to take on a dinosaur or two to protect her little sister. I love the family dynamic in this show, and I really wish they had made more seasons of it.

well I do deserve a king instead of a prince after all! I got Thranduil! Which Male "Lord Of The Rings" Character Would Fall In Love With You?

Thranduil (Lee Pace) in The Hobbit. There is more to this elf king than meets the eye. My favorite part of the entire that movie his the exchange between him and Tauriel as the end. You just know there is more to Thranduil than he is letting on. Lee Pace does a great job playing him. He ended up being probably my favorite character from the movie. Not to mention he has some pretty great costumes.

     And there you have it. I think I ended up with a pretty diverse list, as I was trying to be unique. 
     And that took me longer to write up than I care to admit... Haha... 
     Until Later!

6 comments:

  1. Hawkeye, Amy Pond, and Alfred are some of my favorite actors as well. When I see the actors portray other roles, I think, "Oh, look, hey, Hawkeye is going to escape to go to multiple countries and he just saved the lady doctor from her burning house!" (Bourne Legacy :P)

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Yes! I know what you mean. And Jeremy Renner was great in Bourne Legacy too! I like that movie. ;)

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog, and I love it!

    Some of these characters are also my favourite ever! Amy Pond, Mycroft, Thranduil. I also like Hawkeye. I really loved him in AOU though!

    I might have to steal this post idea for my blog ehehe I will give you credit though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      And I didn't come up with the idea, but yes feel free to totally use it! I had fun picking some favs of mine.

      Delete
  3. This is a great list, I really liked reading it!

    Clint Barton is awesome. He had some great lines in Age of Ultron, I laughed so hard!

    Mycroft Holmes is such a great character! I loved Mark Gatiss's portrayal of him. I wish he was featured in more of the original stories, too. :)

    Alfred is probably my favorite character from The Batman Trilogy, besides The Joker! He was so kind to Bruce and he's only family. <3

    I never finished Terra Nova, but I really need to. Because that show was pretty cool!

    I like your blog a lot, I'm going to follow it with Bloglovin'! Thanks for commenting on my blog earlier! :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hawkeye is completely awesome :-) And I really like Alfred too! Michael Caine was genius casting. I just started watching the Richard Greene version of Robin Hood this month, and I like it so much so far. Just a fun, boisterous show.

    ReplyDelete