Cinderella Party Tag:
1. In the vast array of fairytale heroines, what particular character qualities most define Cinderella?
Well, she is a girl with a great deal of will. It all the stories she keeps a positive attitude despite the cruelties that befall her. She is also sweet, good natured, and has a love of the outdoor world.
2. What are some of the deeper, big picture differences you see between retellings where both stepsisters are nasty and others where one is nasty and one is kind? How do you think the two takes differently develop/illuminate/affect Cinderella’s character and also the overarching story itself?
I have to say I like the story the best where one of the sisters is kind and other other is rude. I think the kind sister adds a level to the story that would not be there otherwise. The kind sister gives Cinderella a reason to stay with her cruel family. If the entire family were cruel, well, if I was Cinderella I would have packed up and left a long time ago.
3. Are you an animal lover? Would you eagerly count mice, lizards, cows, and geese as friends? Dogs and cats?
Yes! I'm quite the animal lover. I'm not big on mice or lizards, but I do think cows are pretty cute and I have several ducks. Definitely a dog person, but I have two cats as well.
4. After asking question #3, I realized how remarkably many of the adaptations I’ve seen have Cinderella either horseback riding or involved with horses. Have you ever ridden? If so, have you ever ridden sidesaddle or bareback?
I love how horses are involved frequently in the Cinderella stories. I have ridden! I'm actually a little obsessed. I currently own a cute little quarter horse mare named Lady. I've been riding since I was very small, and I love to ride bareback. I actually take pride in the fact that I can ride decently well bareback. Its a good skill to have and not as easy as it looks.
5. Your favorite Cinderella dress/s?
6. Do you ever think of Cinderella while doing your household chores? :)
Sometimes if I'm washing dishes and there are a lot of bubbles I think of the animated film. And then that song gets stuck in my head...
7. What major character traits do you think are essential in a faithful prince?
A name. I always appreciate it when they give Prince Charming a name. That is the beginning of all characters.
8. Your top THREE favorite fairy tales (as in the original folk tales, not adaptations).
I'm honestly not big on fairytales, I don't think I really know any of the originals.
9. Your top FIVE current favorite fairy tale/legend type films (BESIDES any Cinderella adaptations).
Oh gracious. I haven't even seen all the animated Disney princess movies! But let's see. I liked the Snow White and the Huntsman movie. A bit darker than your average princess. I am really looking forward to Disney's live action Beauty and the Beast with Emma Watson! I can't wait to see that one!
10. If you could play Cinderella and the story could be set in any region of the world and any time period, what would you pick? And what would your dream ‘ball gown’ for it be like?
I like how the recent live action adaption with Lily James was set. I think that was just about perfect. And I dunno. I think her dress was rather pretty.
11. And (purely for fun :))… what color/s do you immediately associate with Cinderella?